Wednesday

My World Wednesday: The Family

No, not my human family but my four legged family. I’d like you to meet my two goofy pup-a-loos, Seamus and Maggie.


When I planned this post, I imagined how my two puppies would sit sweetly side by side and smile at the camera like little angels. Ha! I couldn’t get them to sit together and forget smiling for the camera. They were too interested in fighting over a vine they’d torn from the ground.


Seamus, a.k.a. Seamoo, Sweet Boy, Bubba, Little Pickle, came to us because his original owners felt he was too aggressive with their children. We were happy to have him but I agreed he was way too aggressive the first weeks. Actually both the sofa and I thought so. But at least I don’t have any permanent holes chewed in me. He’s been with us 5 months now and we couldn’t ask for a better boy. He’s a purebred bulldog just over one year old. His tiger coat is called brindle. Like a typical bulldog, his favorite things to do are sleep and eat. And playing tug-of-war with his sister, Maggie.

Maggie, a.k.a. Maggie Mae, Squirrely Mae, Little Squirrel and Pee Machine, has lived with us only about 5 weeks. She is a Boston Terror, errr, I mean Terrier. She’ll be 3 months old on Monday. The puppy training books say that she won’t be able to understand housebreaking for another couple weeks yet. We’ve really been keeping the paper towel companies in business. Maggie’s big accomplishment so far is that she has learned her name. Each time I call her, she cocks her head to one side and looks at me. Notice I didn’t say that she comes to me, she just looks. Maggie has to do everything her big doggie brother does, from picking up sticks and rocks to trying to jump on the sofa. Next week she’ll get her third shots and then she’ll be able to go on walks with the rest of us. We’re all looking forward to that. A tired pup is a well behaved pup.