Saturday

Ivy and Lace Tea: Pineapple, Coconut and Macadamia Scones

I’m always eager to try any scone recipe. When I saw that this one was made with Bisquick, I wasn’t so sure how good it would be. Was I ever surprised! These scones have a great taste; all of the elements shine through individually and the background flavor is a perfect compliment.

I hate to admit this but I had a problem figuring out how to cut the scones to make 12. This is obvious from the photo. Geometry was never my strong suit. Cut the dough into thirds vertically and then in half horizontally. Then cut each of those sections into triangles. So simple after my husband showed me. You might want to draw it on a piece of paper before the scone dough is in front of you.

2 ½ cups Bisquick
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup cold butter
½ cup flaked coconut
½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
¼ cup whipping cream
1 egg
1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained

Heat oven to 425ยบ. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In the bowl of a food processor, mix Bisquick, sugar and butter. Combine well. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until just combined. (You can do all this by hand if you don’t want to use the food processor.)

Pat dough out on the prepared pan into a 10” x 7” rectangle. Cut into 12 triangles but do not separate.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Separate scones and serve warm.