Monday

Blog-a-Thon

It is time once again for the Gracious Hospital-i-Tea Blog-a-Thon. The theme this week is: The White, Green, Black, and Herb of Tea. Tell about your favorite tea. How do you prepare it and serve it? Milk and sugar? Plain? What are some of your best memories of serving or sipping on this tea? Share a picture if you can. Tell the health benefits of the tea(s) you prefer. Where do you purchase your tea? Is there someplace you enjoying purchasing tea from? Who from and where?


When you were a kid, did you ever drink the nectar from a honeysuckle blossom? There was only a tiny drop in each blossom but it tasted of such wonderful floral sweetness. When I drink Jasmine-scented tea, I taste that same heavenly flavor. Of all the teas in the universe, Jasmine is my favorite.

I especially love Jasmine Pearls, tight little balls of tea that unfurl as the hot water hits them. I never get tired of watching them open, always surprised by how large the leaves actually are.

Jasmine is my tea to savor. It’s never my morning wake-up cup or a quick cuppa later in the day. It requires one of my prettiest teacups and unhurried moments. Sipping, thinking, enjoying the seasons of the year. Jasmine tea is the quickest way I know to make the world look fresh once again.