Wednesday

My World Wednesday: Happy Thanksgiving!

These interesting Thanksgiving post cards belonged to my husband's great aunt. The postmark indicates that they were mailed in 1907 and 1908.

A patriotic Thanksgiving theme isn't something we usually see in our cards today but it is quite appropriate, isn't it?


A cozy home scene to remind everyone what life used to be like long before 1907. Notice the teapot with the dishes on the mantle.

Pilgrim couples walking in the snow. The guy seems to be carrying his Bible and his gun.

A very fancy turkey wearing a nice hat, striped trousers and spats. This one says, "Thanks, I will come to your dinner of a turkey dressed, providing you will give me, a piece of the breast."

I won't be posting again until next Monday. Until then, I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving.